Wednesday, April 4, 2012

4th Attempt at making a base Part III

4th time making a base

Wow, after almost a year, I finally got to working on my 4th experiment of creating a diorama base for the model kits I make. The previous post on this could be found here. I had some free time during the evening and I spent it painting the base with cheap acrylic paints.

4th time making a base

Pictures were taken using just my cellphone, so the shots don't look that good. After the paint dries I'll work on it some more tomorrow. Then again, all that's left to do is apply a matte coat over it to seal the paint in.

4th time making a base

The base was made using an old CD. On top of that I used parts from an old PC and left over runners found in the boxes of the model kits. Instead of using plaster of paris as the "land part" of the base, this time around I used some tile grout.