Monday, February 21, 2011

2nd Attempt at Making a Diorama Base Part II

2nd Attempt at Making a Diorama Base

Had time to finish the base I was working on a few days back. This time I used the Non-Grade Gundam Astray Blue Frame as my photo shoot model. The base is a lot different than it originally was mocked up to be. I realized that I put too much junk on the base that there was no space anymore to add the model kit... hehehe

2nd Attempt at Making a Diorama Base

The great thing about plaster of paris is that it bonds easily and strongly with its own kind. So breaking up the old mold and reattaching the parts was easy enough by just adding on a fresh batch of plaster of paris.

2nd Attempt at Making a Diorama Base

Making a base is fun but I realized that I can't keep on going making display bases for all my model kits. The main reason is that using a base drastically reduces the shelf space in my display case. Wouldn't be possible to stack them 2 deep in a shelf. It was fun making them though.

2nd Attempt at Making a Diorama Base

2nd Attempt at Making a Diorama Base

2nd Attempt at Making a Diorama Base

2nd Attempt at Making a Diorama Base