Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Broken Links Fixed

Broken Links Fixed

One of the casualties of this site's transfer was that there were a lot of broken links internally due to the change of the blog structure. I had started fixing only the important links in the site to make it functional. Then I took that year off from running this site to focus on personal matters and now that I'm back on the horse one of the things I wanted to get working were the broken links. Broken Links Fixed Pardon the 300 images on this post, they are to help you visualize what I felt while working on this endeavour. Upon checking at Google Webmasters it said that the site had about 600+ broken links. So I fixed about 400 of that and thought that was going to be good enough for the meantime. Come next week the figure jumped to about 900+... What The Heck!!! So it turns out that Google Webmasters only displays the first 1000 broken links. Why it decided to show only 600 is beyond me, but then again, it's free, so I can't complain.

Broken Links Fixed

So last week I decided to roll my sleeves up and finally get to fixing the problem at hand. I tried making a program to fix it at first, but turns it out that the best method would be to manually go in and individually check the links. This site has about 1970 posts on it and I just finished today. Thank God that's done, I wouldn't want to do that again.